The B&B del Massimo is situated in Palermo’s old town. It is close to the city’s main attractions and to the its old walls. It is named after the celebrated Massimo Vittorio Emanuele, the third largest theatre in Europe and also the largest Italian opera theatre. It was designed in 1864 by the famous Italian architect Giovan Battista Filippo Basile, the Massimo was completed in 1897. In front of the theatre, our newly restored and comfortable B&B is a conversion out of a 19th century aristocratic ‘liberty’ (art deco) palace.
Our three stars B&B del Massimo offers all the amenities and comforts, including a reception, large and comfortable rooms with balcony and en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning, independent heating system, free – wi-fi and TV. This is an ideal (and quiet) accommodation for holidays with friends and family, and for visiting our city and its historical centre. Moreover, you can easily reach our B&B from the airport (the bus-stop is very close), as well as from the port and the main railway station (the Stazione Centrale), which are walking distance (about 1 km). This B&B is a perfect base for visiting the city on foot. It is situated in via Bara all’Olivella 70, a narrow street that crosses via Maqueda, the main road of the old centre. This area has been renovated into a pedestrian area of walks, shops, pubs and dining: it is especially famous for the local street food, probably one of the best in town.